(“We”) respect and uphold individual rights to privacy and the protection of personal information. We know how important it is to protect your personal information and want to make every customer experience safe and secure.
All references to the “Website” in this Policy refer to our Website singlemeetme.com. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 we confirm that the proprietor and operator of the “Website” and the networking and dating service offered via the Websites (the “Service”) is Meetmelifestyle Limited, a company registered under the laws of England, whose registered office is New Bond House, 124 New Bond St, London, W1S 1DX can be contacted via the contact section on the Website or by writing to our registered address.
Information We May Collect From You
We collect two types of information through our Website: personal information and non-personal information. The types of information we collect depend on the nature of your interaction with us.
The User is asked to supply information about himself/herself when he/she registers with the Service, participates in a contest, responds to a survey. Certain items of information are mandatory in order to gain access to Services. By registering and submitting your information you agree to this use.
Personal information gathered can include your name, mailing and/or email address, fixed line and/or mobile telephone numbers, social media links for your use of the Service.
Non Personal Information
Non-Personal information does not identify you as an individual. This information gathered is such as the version of the Users and any other visitor’s web browser (Netscape, Internet Explorer, etc.), the operating system (Windows 98, Mac Os, etc.) and the IP address of the computer from which they are visiting.
Use of Personal Information
We may use your personal information for a number of different business purposes, for example to:
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our websites, inline with your preferences.
* Create and display your articles to other Users of the Website
* Provide customer support to assist you with your questions or complaints
* Conduct surveys in order to improve our services
* Advise you of changes to our services, or new services that we may implement from time to time
* Measure and improve the effectiveness of our Website or our marketing endeavours
* Detect and protect against fraud and error
* Track and analyze your preferences to better understand your service needs and eligibility and for other purposes as described in this Policy
* We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties
We limit the personal information we collect and use to that which is necessary to fulfill our business purposes. We will not collect, sell, distribute or use personal information for any other purposes without your further consent, as required by law or as authorized by Applicable Privacy Laws.
Advertisements on our Website are available to some or all of our Users. We never share your personal information with our advertisers. However, we will use elements of your personal information to create a list of Users that advertisers may want to direct their advertisements.. Advertisers may decide to serve advertisements to all of our Users or to specific segments of our User base, based on particular personal characteristics (for example, age, sex or geographic location). In this case, we may use different elements of your personal preferences to develop and display advertising content tailored to your preferences.
In order to improve the service and the Website, meetmelifestyle may use a device known as a ‘cookie’. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your Internet activity (such as whether you have visited the Website before) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve the Websites and the services and services available to you. Cookies enable us:
* To estimate our audience and usage pattern
* To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our Website according to your individual interests
* To speed up your searches
* To recognise when you return to our Website
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources which are provided solely for your convenience and information. When you click on one of those links you are contacting to another website or Internet resource. We have no responsibility or liability for, or control over, those other websites or Internet resources or their collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those other websites to learn how they collect and use your personal information.
Security of Personal Information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be conducted via Paypal secure payment. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Transmission of data and information via the Website is not a secure or encrypted transmission method for sending your personal data, unless otherwise indicated on the Website. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that any information and personal data carried over the Internet is not secure. Information and personal data may be intercepted, lost, redirected, corrupted, changed and accessed by other people.
Disclosure of Personal Information
* We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
* If meetmelifestyle or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Your Access Rights
Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we have to provide you, as a “data subject”, with a readable copy of all personal data which we may hold about you, within 40 days of receiving your written request for us to provide it. The Data Protection Act 1998 allows us to charge a fee of £10 pounds for this. Evidence or proof of your identity (for example, a copy of your passport, driver’s licence or current bills) will be required.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data based on the exemptions set out in the Data Protection Act 1998, but if we do refuse we will give full reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision.